[UPDATED for 2022!] Here are details about travel, lodging, WiFi, food, etc.! We are looking forward to seeing you and providing you with a great festival experience!
First, determine when you want to arrive and depart Seattle! We have satellite events beginning Thursday afternoon, Nov. 3rd through Sunday afternoon, Nov. 6th.
Travel & Lodging
Many of you will be flying in to Sea-Tac Airport. The airport is about a 25 minute drive from the city, or a 50 minute light rail ride in to downtown. Follow the signs to Link Light Rail, it’s a 10 minute walk from baggage claim to the outside terminal.
- Travelodge Seattle by The Space Needle (special discount $99/a night, book on the website we’ve hyperlinked, then email: email@example.com with subject: “Short Run” and your reservation info and he will apply the discount.)
- The Marqueen Hotel
- Mediterranean Inn (these top 3 are closest to the festival)
- Hotel Hotel Hostel (special discount $79/a night, book on the website we’ve hyperlinked, then email: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: “Short Run” and your reservation info and he will apply the discount.)
- Georgetown Inn
- Panama Hotel
- Silver Cloud on Capitol Hill
- Or team up with some friends and rent a room or apartment via airbnb (the festival and after-party are in the Lower Queen Anne/Uptown neighborhood).
Driving Directions: (Please follow these instructions, not Google maps)
Fisher Pavilion is one building among many within The Seattle Center multi-block campus, which shares one (geographically vague) address, 315 Harrison St.
Heading North on I-5
- Be in the left lane to exit onto Mercer St. toward Seattle Center
- From Mercer, turn left onto Fairview Ave.
- Turn right onto Denny Way
Heading South on I-5
- Same as above, except the exit onto Mercer St. is from the right lane.
Heading west (toward the Puget Sound)
- From Denny Way, turn right onto 2nd Ave. North (toward the Space Needle).
- After two short blocks, 2nd Ave. will end at a set of concrete barriers. You will see a building on the right, just past the barriers, that is Fisher Pavilion. You cannot park in this area, but you can load-in from here with your hazard lights on. Look for volunteers who will direct you to the elevator or stairs to access the inside of the building (which is one level down).
If you are taking a car service
Ask the driver to drop you off at Fisher Pavilion, 2nd Ave. N and N. Thomas, at Seattle Center.
Set up is at 10am. Please understand that we will not be allowing exhibitors in earlier than 10 am to give the organizers and volunteers time to set up the room for you. Short Run will open its doors to the public at 11 am sharp.
There is only 4-hour parking on the nearby side streets, so once you’ve unloaded please look for one of the many paid parking lots instead. There are many close-by on 1st Ave. N, Queen Anne Ave. N, and on Mercer St. that run from about $12-24 for the day. More on Seattle Center parking here.
The air quality at Fisher Pavilion meets or exceeds current requirements. It is currently set to run at 100% fresh air, which makes for fastest and cleanest turnover of air in the facility. The system uses MERV 15 filters, which are highly efficient and capture particles that are .30 – 1.0 microns in size. Fisher Pavilion is also rated to be used as a clean air shelter when there are air quality issues, such as fire and smoke.
Fisher Pavilion is equipped with great Wi-Fi: “the new Wi-Fi system is 5,000 times faster than the old system, using a digital fiber line to transmit multiple gigabits per second.” There is no sign-in required to use Seattle Center free, open internet.
Food & Drink
Bakescapade will be our bakery pop-up and will be selling coffee, hot chocolate, conchas, and empanadas. (Sorry, we are not selling Banh-mi sandwiches this year!) There will be some canopies and tall tables set up outside where you can take a break, eat a snack, or drink a coffee right in front of the venue.
There are water bottle-filling stations near the restrooms. Very close by is the Seattle Center Armory which offers a variety of restaurants, food court style: Plum Pantry (vegan), Skillet Counter, Blue Water Taco Grill, Eltana Bagels, Kabab, Mod Burger, Starbucks, Subway, and Seattle Fudge!
A few blocks west, outside of Seattle Center, is also Dick’s Burgers (classic! cheap!), Metropolitan Market (espresso stand inside, also upscale $ buffet), Paju (Korean), Toulouse Petit (French-Creole), Roti Cuisine of India, Taylor Shellfish Oyster Bar, Ozzie’s Bar, and Taco Bell.
There are many ATMs located on Seattle Center grounds but we suggest you come prepared with about $200 in small bills, as ATMs only dispense $20s. The closest ATM is in the Armory, next to Fisher Pavilion to the east.
Shipping books ahead of time
If it would be easier for you to ship your books ahead of time, please send us an email and let us know your intentions. We’ll give you an address to ship to, do not ship to the venue. We will deliver the boxes to your table the morning of the fest. You are responsible for taking your boxes out. Boxes shipped to us need to arrive prior to Nov. 1st.
- Please do not bring large displays, flags or backdrops that would block the overall sight line of the show. You will be asked to take these things down so please do not waste time and space bringing them to the show.
- There is very little wall space for exhibitors – so plan on presenting your posters or prints in portfolios or hanging from the front of your table.
- Plan your table space well, and bring a tablecloth or piece of fabric to cover the bare table. A full size table is 8ft x 2.5ft. A half table is 4ft x 2.5ft. A quarter table is 2ft x 2.5ft.
- Do not bring unregistered people to sit with you at your table. Extra people crowd the exhibitors around you who have paid for a certain amount of space. If you want to take a break, you can have someone take your place, but you can’t both be behind the table.
- If you know you are going to be late, send an email to email@example.com. If you don’t inform us, we will assume you are a no show and will give your table away and your money will not be refunded. If you ‘no show’ you will not be accepted into the festival again for 2 years.
- There is NO alcohol permitted inside Fisher Pavilion.
Any questions? Please email us! firstname.lastname@example.org.