Applications are now being accepted for The Dash Grant 2018. Details:
You will –
- receive a $250 grant to produce your book
- have free access to Fogland Studios silkscreen co-op in Seattle and optional instruction the week of the festival
- receive mentorship from special guest (TBA) via email/phone/skype
- have your artwork featured in our annual group art show at Fantagraphics Bookstore and Gallery
- receive a free half table (2 x 4.5ft) at the festival
- Contact info: name, full mailing address, email address
- 10 recent work samples that reflect the aesthetic of the project. Send direct links to work on your website or send a file sharing link (Dropbox or the like) with 10 images under 2 MB each
- A project description (up to 1 page) which should include:
- # of pages
- timeline for the project with details (make sure to convey that you can complete this book by Short Run 2018)
- any additional info that will help us envision your project
Email to email@example.com by March 28th.
We are an indie festival-the work we choose will reflect that. It can be experimental, traditional, a mini-comic, a graphic novel, black and white, or full color. We don’t care-just make it awesome. This must be a solo endeavor-not an anthology. Check out previous winners here.
We want to promote you and your work so you must be present at Short Run 2018 and your book must premiere at Short Run. Printing at Fogland and mentorship are optional. Your project must be a self-published work. You must be 18 years old or have parental approval. You will receive 50% of the funds upfront and 50% after the festival.
Short Run Comix & Arts Festival takes place at Fisher Pavilion at Seattle Center on Saturday, Nov. 3rd, 2018.