***This info will be updated for 2019 prior to festival in the Fall.***
Here are details about travel, lodging, WiFi, food, etc.! We are looking forward to seeing you and providing you with a great festival experience!
First, check the festival schedule and determine when you want to arrive and depart Seattle! We have a lot going on before and after festival day.
Travel & Lodging
You will be flying in to Sea-Tac Airport. We suggest taking the Link Light Rail which brings you right into the center of the city for $3.00.
- Travelodge Seattle by The Space Needle
- Inn at Queen Anne
- Mediterranean Inn (these 3 closest to the festival)
- The Ace Hotel
- The Moore Hotel
- Hotel Max
- Panama Hotel
- Or team up with some friends and rent a room or apartment via airbnb (the festival and after-party are in the Lower Queen Anne neighborhood).
We have reserved a block of rooms at Travelodge Seattle Center for $99/a night. To redeem this special pricing, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (do not call the main nationwide number) and say you’d like to reserve one of the Short Run rooms. He will confirm with you via reply email.
Driving Directions: (Please follow these instructions, not Google maps)
Fisher Pavilion is one building among many within The Seattle Center multi-block campus, which shares one (geographically vague) address, 315 Harrison St.
Heading North on I-5
- Be in the left lane to exit onto Mercer St. toward Seattle Center
- From Mercer, turn left onto Fairview Ave.
- Turn right onto Denny Way
Heading South on I-5
- Same as above, except the exit onto Mercer St. is from the right lane.
Heading west (toward the Puget Sound)
- From Denny Way, turn right onto 2nd Ave. North (toward the Space Needle).
- After two short blocks, 2nd Ave. will end at a set of concrete barriers. You will see a building on the right, just past the barriers, that is Fisher Pavilion. You cannot park in this area, but you can load-in from here with your hazard lights on. Look for volunteers who will direct you to the elevator or stairs to access the inside of the building (which is one level down).
If you are taking a car service
Ask the driver to drop you off at Fisher Pavilion, 2nd Ave. N and N. Thomas, at Seattle Center.
Set up is at 10am. Please understand that we will not be allowing exhibitors in earlier than 10am to give the organizers and volunteers time to set up the room for you. Short Run will open its doors to the public at 11am sharp.
There is only 4-hour parking on the nearby side streets, so once you’ve unloaded please look for one of the many paid parking lots instead. There are many close-by on 1st Ave. that run from about $9-20 for the day.
Fisher Pavilion is equipped with great Wi-Fi: “the new Wi-Fi system is 5,000 times faster than the old system, using a digital fiber line to transmit multiple gigabits per second.” There is no sign-in required to use Seattle Center free, open internet.
Food & Drink
Our bake sale will have treats from local bakeries, we’ll have Stumptown coffee for sale, and many of you have pre-ordered a box lunch that will be delivered to your table around noon. Very close by is the Seattle Center Armory which offers a variety of restaurants, food court style: Plum Pantry (vegan), Skillet Counter, Blue Water Taco Grill, Eltana Bagels, Kabab, Mod Burger, Starbucks, Subway, Bigfood BBQ, Quincy’s, and Seattle Fudge!
A few blocks west, outside of Seattle Center, is also Dick’s Burgers (classic! cheap!), Metropolitan Market (espresso stand inside, also upscale $ buffet), Uptown Espresso, Taco Bell, and Pagliacci Pizza.
There are many ATMs located on Seattle Center grounds but we suggest you come prepared with about $200 in smalls bills, as ATMs only dispense $20s. The closest ATM is in the Armory, next to Fisher Pavilion to the east.
- Please do not bring large displays, flags or backdrops that would block the overall sight line of the show. You will be asked to take these things down so please do not waste time and space bringing them to the show.
- There is very little wall space for exhibitors – so plan on presenting your posters or prints in portfolios or hanging from the front of your table.
- Plan your table space well, and bring a tablecloth or piece of fabric to cover the bare table. A full size table is 8ft x 2.5ft. A half table is 4ft x 2.5ft. A quarter table is 2ft x 2.5ft.
- Do not bring unregistered people to sit with you at your table. Extra people crowd the exhibitors around you who have paid for a certain amount of space. If you want to take a break, you can have someone take your place, but you can’t both be behind the table.
- If you know you are going to be late, send an email to email@example.com. If you don’t inform us, we will assume you are a no show and will give your table away and your money will not be refunded.
- There is NO alcohol permitted inside Fisher Pavilion.
Any questions? Please email us! firstname.lastname@example.org.